Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Newseum: A good physical and virtual resource

Last summer I visited the reopened Newseum in Washington D.C. for the first time and I was blown away. As someone who reads news religiously, I could have spent a lifetime in the building just taking in the exhibits and contemplating the impact that news has on our society.

Thus, I was thrilled when I later went back to the Newseum's website and saw all the great news resources that are available. Through this site, you can:
  • See the front pages of newspapers from around the world
  • Keep up with journalism news
  • Get information on the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution (great for that upcoming informative or persuasive COMM 131 speech!)
So if you haven't visited the Newseum in person or virtually, I recommend that you do both.